Let's go for a walk, a walk back in time. where you were you and I was me. Let's remind ourselves that this isn't real but imaginary. That's all it can ever be now. It's not fiction because it's already happened. It's history but it didn't come out of a textbook. We lived this, together. that was real though. You were real and so was I.
Look into your thoughts and tell me what you see. Do you see me? Do you see you? Let your mind wander. Where does it go? Do you think of me? Do think of you?
On this walk, hold my hand. So we don't get lost. On this walk, look and see me. Not like you do now but then. On this walk, know who I am and who I was. On this walk, talk to me. Tell me what you see.
Do you see it yet? Because I do. I see all of it. All the laughs and all the tears and all the hurts. All the happiness and sadness all the good and all the bad. Now let's relive the ones where we laughed the hardest. Where we both smiled and laughed till we cried. You know which ones they are. Can you see those?
Let's enjoy this. Let's take our time. because we've got forever and ever.... what's the rush.
Our lives are different now. Not ever like we knew them. We are torn at the seams. I don't look at you. You don't look at me. We never saw who we really were. We let our minds wander they never go anywhere. We look into our thoughts and there's nothing there. I'm right here and you're right there. We see now. but there's no words, no emotion. Just straight faces. it's hard to believe that there was ever anything there. That we ever were happy. That we ever knew each other. Because there's nothing there. You don't care and I don't care.
So on this walk, take your last few steps, take your last breath, and look one more time. now look beside you and tell me what you see. Do you see me? because i see you... ..
No comments:
Post a Comment